Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WASHOUT

This day has been a total washout. Rain all day and lots of it. The weatherman didn't quite get it right.

The chicken condo is starting to smell a bit due to the rain and I can't really clean it in the mud. Chickens, being scratchers by nature, have churned up a lot of dirt and are laying in the mud instead of the bedding inside. I didn't get the paint slopped on either. The creatures were fed, watered and given green grass to play with and that was about it.

I did get up on a short step ladder(first step) and fixed a light that wasn't working. I need do do the same thing in the bathroom...maybe tomorrow. Even one step up scares me as my balance is slightly off now days.

I opened up my new camera box. The batteries need to be charged. I read some of the instructions, but haven't tried it out yet. As soon as the batteries are up I will attempt to take a few pictures.

I managed to watch the entire Glenn Beck show without falling asleep in the middle of it.

I didn't get my cookies baked, either. Maybe tonight.

You could take a mud bath in the garden, but everything is growing fairly well. Some of the beans didn't come up and have been replanted. I don't see any of the asparagus at all. The Rhubarb is doing OK, too. The Swiss Chard, which I like even better than Spinach, is thriving, as well. Food! I need to get a few more tomatoes and some sweet peppers. I don't think the garden will..can hold much more!

I also need to change the thread on the sewing machine and do some minor mending 'cause I don't want my undies to fall off. Nooooooo, not that!(won't happen 'cause I wear slacks). It is slightly harder for me to thread a needle now, but running the end of the tread though/over a little piece of bar soap stiffens the thread up and makes it easier to pass through the eye(of the needle). I think I may have already mentioned this, but I don't remember. Age, you know. Ha!

END

No comments: