Monday, May 4, 2009

TEAPEE

Funny what you think about when you go to bed at night, especially when you drink a cup of strong tea before hitting the pillow. I am a hard-core tea drinker, but trying to cut back. My Mother always said I would die in my tepee(ahem).

I got to thinking and wondering whatever happened to Mom's solid maple rolling pin after she passed away. I hope it is in the family somewhere. I know what happened to her wooden pig cutting board: someone left it in the kitchen sink in the dish water. Of course, that ruined it. Not that it matters after more than 25 years. I just was wondering... as my mental engine was revved up and the gears and wheels of my brain were grinding and spinning on high. Too much tea.

Speaking of cutting boards, I use those plastic inserts that come in bacon packages. They are washable and make good cutting boards and I don't have to buy any. I like bacon. Bacon doesn't set my mind to racing. It just taste good.

Big brother Harry called from Texas last night. He is is worried and anxious about his upcoming spinal surgery on May 20th. He will be 78 on his next birthday.

The little chickens found a big, fat earthworm and didn't know what to do with it. They inspected it, pecked at it and ran with it. I don't know what they outcome of worm chasing game was. I came back into the house.

I did go out on the porch and go through a bunch of odds 'n ends, separating screws from nails and putting them into empty peanut cans. I still didn't find my drill chuck, but I found some other items that I had forgotten about, including drill bits. They had become rusty so I tried to oil them up a little and salvage them. I have another box to go through so I may find the chuck yet. I really don't want to buy another because I should have 2 more...somewhere.

I fell asleep trying to watch the Glenn Beck show again. Chuck, the handyman, must have come while I was drifting and set out some tomatoes. I spotted them when I went out to feed the chickens. I think I will get some more. He only set out four plants.

Well, I think I will make a cup of tea, but not drink any after 9 PM. Then I should sleep!

No comments: