Monday, May 25, 2009

Know nothing

Yes, I let the chickens out this morning. Yes, It started raining. Yes, I got soaked. No, I didn't get them all back in. There are still about eight still running around the yard. So be it. There is an old adage that the "chickens will come home to roost." If true then I can get them in tonight.

I had some radishes from the garden. The Ice cycle radish was HOT! I did plant another potato in a big container, as I mentioned I would. I may plant a couple more if I can find more big contains. Some old onions that I tossed out are making little onion sets so I may transplant those, too I haven't gone shopping for food this week as I am pulling stuff from the garden and have meat in the freezer to use up.

Big brother has been up walking with a walker. I didn't tell anyone how serious a surgery he was having at his age. I tried to keep a positive and encouraging note in my conversations with his wife.

I continue to sort, discard and box items for the Salvation Army. I have a huge amt. of plastic bags they will get, too. I gave away a box of books and hope to get some more given way. I am still trying to simplify and dispose of years of accumulation.

I continue to try to upload some picture, but I guess I have to buy a program in order to do it. There is lots of things I don't know even though I got my first computer in 1982. I am open to hints and tutoring, if anyone wants to"help."

I turned on the AC because the humidity is so high. Just to get some of the moisture out of the air/house.

I guess I go before the city council next Monday. I keep hoping to find more information on line that I can use pertaining to city chickens.

1 comment:

d.a. said...

If you're trying to upload photos to your blog posts, there's a tiny picture icon above where you write/edit blog text. Click on that, and it will walk you through uploading a photo onto your blog post.

If you're trying to upload photos elsewhere, you'll probably need a FTP client - try opensourcemac.org if you have a Mac, or do a Google search for "Filezilla", a good free FTP client for PCs.

Good luck!