Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chickens and such

Chickens are funny creatures, are they not? You think they are stupid, but they surprise you. Just because they have tiny brains and beady little eyes don't ever miscalculate their ability to out scramble you and get out. They are not solitary and if they do get out they want to get right back in again because that is where the flock is. A flock that aggravates you together stays together... mostly. I have to figure how to outsmart them so I can get in the door to feed them. The stray cat awaits and a chicken hawk is gracefully winging overhead...both biding their time. Who will win, the cat, the hawk, the chickens or me? Time will tell.

I did get to the dentist and now my teeth are all shiny and new looking, but old. As long as they work, grind and tear, right? They say tea will stain your teeth worse than coffee will. I am not giving up tea.

Two nice days in a row. However, rain is coming. I meant to go to the store after my dental appointment. I came home and took a nap instead. Now I will have to go tomorrow..in the rain. Eggs and bread are on sale for $00.79 cents apiece. As I do not have productive little dinosaurs yet I will buy them. I will get several dozen and pickle some.

There isn't much going on; nothing to write about unless I mention that yesterday when I went to Sears I left the keys in the car and the motor running. I have never in my life done that before. I was concentrating on getting in and out. The van runs so quietly that I didn't even notice. Even when I came back out of the store you could barely hear it running. Good thing the parking lot was half empty or I might not have had a way home. And that is that.

END

1 comment:

d.a. said...

Agreed: chickens can be wily!