Thursday, May 7, 2009

BUSY DAY

It has been a busy day. I have been trying to "hoe" out a closet and get rid of things. I should have hired a bulldozer. I have found stuff I didn't know I had and lots of junk, too. Lots of odds an' ends to take to the Salvation Army. I'm not done yet. Lots more to go through.

Went to the Pharmacy to get my eye drops. That was a shock. Almost $70.00 bucks for one ounce of eye drops. Last year my insurance paid most of it. This year I have a new insurance provider and I pay a lot more out of pocket.

Went to the farm store and got more bedding for the chickens. They are happy, scratching away in the the ground-up corn cobs. Let me tell you: they want to peck the hand that feeds them. I have put their feeder up on a coupe of bricks and did the same thing with one waterer. They get too much "crud" in the water and feed. I need to find a couple more bricks for the other waterer.

I stopped at the new Mexican restaurant and there was my eye Dr. and one of his secretaries. I figured my eye Dr. would be eating out in a more upscale kind of place like the Red Lobster or O'Charlies'. Well, I will say you do get your money's worth there. It is really more than you can eat. My Dr. needs to eat. He is a tall, skinny bean pole.

I didn't get my cookies baked last night. I had company. Then the lady who lost her dog last week came over and stayed, and stayed and talked and talked. I am glad that she has already gotten a new dog from the Human Society and is taking my advice of walking it on a shorter leash. When a dog is on a 20 ft. leash you can not really control the animal or keep it out of harms way.

I have 40 lbs. of potting soil in the back of my van which I can not carry. I did OK with the bedding as it weighs less and is dry. I just pulled it out with one hand and dragged into the condo. Then it was like a movie: Chickens trying to get out, under and past my feet: "Attack of the Killer Chicken Monsters." They really want to get out into the green grass, but my yard needs some more security. The one gate that Chuck made is way too heavy for me to manipulate as it is not on hinges. There needs t be some changes there.

I made my first Iced Tea of the season and am having my first glass now. Even though it rained and is supposed to rain again, the afternoon came off bright, warm and beautiful. Good Ice Tea weather.

I am getting nowhere fast in my quest for reorganization and "hoeing out" so I guess I will quit right here and start something else.

END

1 comment:

d.a. said...

Chickens can be wily! Rotten girls! :-D