Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gone

I am going to Evansville soon so I will write this while my hair air dries. I really don't like a blower as it makes my hair messy and dry.

I cleaned my mixed greens in three rinses and put them in a kettle/pot with about one cup of water to par-boil. I also threw in one hot radish for the heck of it. You really don't need to par-boil very long, just a couple of minutes will do for greens. I tasted the greens and they are good. I guess I have enough for three or four freezer bags to put in the freezer. The par-boiling takes the "heat" out of the radishes, too. They stay crisp if you don't over boil them. I have the summer to pick and freeze greens.

Because I will be gone most of the afternoon and eve. I don't know how the chickens will fare. I gave them a good feeding this morning. They are confined (except 2) and are not out to forage in the yard.

While I was sorting stuff out I accidentally tossed out a cookie recipe that I wanted to keep. I knew I would toss somethingby mistake. Darn!

Big Brother has been transferred to a rehab center where they will make him do what he must and get up and about. He took a shower yesterday with an assistant. Knowing Harry He may have enjoyed that esp. if she was young and pretty.

END

No comments: