Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sorting..sort of

I am posting while I can. The Internet has been very quirky today due to the storms that have been rolling in and out. Besides Fast Access isn't always that fast.

I have taken a big bag of stuff to the Salvation Army: drapes, curtains, mattress pads and a few odds and ends. I am still sorting out and trying to simplify. More junk..stuff to go.

I tried to take a few pictures today in between rain. When the sun is out I can not see the little screen unless I try to shade it. That's why my shots are far less than perfect.

While the chickens are finicky and will not eat innards, they will eat cooked carcasses. I took them the rib cage and the back. They went right to town on the cooked parts. It was one old Woodchuck and so fat I could hardly handle it.I tried to cut off the best meat, but my hand and the knife kept slipping so the chickens got a fair amount of protein.

My weather arm says more bad weather is coming. That means I will sort more stuff out in the house, which is OK by me. I have found all kinds of things that I had forgotten about, including some really good, new material. I have several blouses that I can't get into anymore. Too much cake and cookies.

I have a box full of chargers from various electronics I have had over the years. One box has several remote controls in it. All will find their way to the Salvation Army in a few days.

I noticed that a number of habitat houses are now empty. People on marginal incomes have really felt hardship in this economy. Several local Chrysler dealerships are closing. A lot more people are going to be out of work. Six dealer will close in Evansville, right across the river. Who says the recession is getting better?

I guess I better get back to sorting and boxing things to go and post this before the Internet becomes erratic again.

END


P.S. The vampire chickens have spent the day devouring all that Woodchuck carcass, never touching their feed.

Thsi will be the third time I have tried to post this. END!!!

No comments: