Monday, June 1, 2009

Newspaper

Well, I made the papers, front page and back page. Had my picture in it even though I said I didn't want to have it taken. I don't take very good pictures: short, fat and almost snow white hair. The article was OK, but I don't know how much good it will do. After the paper came out I got a couple calls from people who wanted them for free. "No, we won't eat them." Yes, they will.
Anyway, when I went to give the chickens fresh water several got out, scooting right past my feet. So...might as well let them all out to feast on big juicy bugs, chiggers, flies, worms and whatever they can gorge upon. As I was filling the water containers a city car came cruising down the alley, ever so slow. I should have giving him the finger, but my mother taught me better. I ignored the presence of the Chicken Patrol/Police.

I got a new knob for my washing machine which doesn't fit and is the wrong color, so I have to go back and re-order. I got a new inner tube for the back tire of my 1960 Rambler. Then I went to Captain D's and stuffed myself.

I tried hard to get the feathered fiends back in their humble abode, but they were as usual, defiant and stubborn. I got most of them back in just before dark, but four were interested in having a bug fest. So, I gave up for the moment. I waited until dark. When I went out the last time four feathered creatures came tearing across the yard straight for me. I swear the were making little noises like a baby crying. Now they want in, scared of the dark and wanting to go home. Open the door and in they fly, as fast as they can go. I have to figure a way to get into the run in the daytime without them getting out and going AWOL.

I picked off some more mixed greens from the garden this morning and stuck a bag full in the refrigerator. I will clean them and steam them for the freezer tomorrow. I am thinking about planting more beans and radishes if it doesn't rain. However, we now need the rain. There are tiny little squashes all over the squash plants and cucumbers, too. For a small plot is is really looking like it will be fairly productive.

Big Brother Harry is making progress at the Rehab. Center. He doesn't like therapy, but he has to go through it. He says they are " really working" him. He wanted me to send him a bottle of home made wine, but I am sure that it would get smashed in the mail or just "disappear." He will have to do without. Life is tough.

END
P. S. To D. A. I was not successful in uploading any pictures. Will try again another time.

No comments: