Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tired Out

Getting up early for the past couple of months has tired me out just a bit. So, I got up and fed the chickens and went back to bed and slept until 11 AM, or tried to. The phone kept ringing with a some one taking a survey. "Do you heat with natural gas?" Hmmm, don't they know that where I pay my utilities. No, I didn't get up to answer the phone.

I have been to Evansville and back. Someone read the story in the newspaper and called with a donation of several dozen eggs for the Little Sister of the Poor, where I had worked until retirement. The Sisters were happy to have the eggs, to say the lest.They are a non-profit home for the aged and rely on the donations of good people and business. I happen to know first hand the residents are well fed and cared for...and spoiled, too! Some of the time "generous donations" are unusable or unfit to serve and gets tossed out. They are happy to get good stuff.

My weather arm is playing havoc with my comfort zone today. It is clouding over, looks like rain, and I didn't get more seeds planted because I was gone to Evansville. Maybe tomorrow. I can plant in mud. Seeds planted in mud seem to do well and early to germinate.

I had sent away for an Egg Genius, an appliance that cooks your eggs in about seven minutes. It works pretty well and I don't have to heat up the house boiling eggs on the stove. It was 94 today and has dropped back to 79 degrees. I don't like cooking when it gets that warm. And that is why I have an electric stove for the summer and a gas stove for winter. At times I use them both at the same time when canning. I know that I have mentioned that before so that is old news.

I don't have much news or items of interest to post. I will stop here. Besides, it is time to feed the beasts again.

End

No comments: