Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June bugs...chickens like 'em

This has been a quiet day. I got a phone call from an elderly lady who said that the city had harassed her husband over raising game bird and that he had raised them all his life. She said he died of cancer and the city came with a warrant to arrest him. She told them that they would have to go to the funeral home to haul him off. It turns out that the elderly lady is the mother of my Dr.'s nurse I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow and they said they would sign a petition to abolish or amend the code. I have been asking people to support my "cause" and some say they will, but you know how that works.. I have asked people to e-mail the local paper and support my effort, also. If anyone could or would, please e-mail www.TheGleaner.comI. I need any and all the help I can get and no one has to say who they are or where they are located.

I stayed in today and did some things in the house, like wash and dry cloths. I also steamed more mixed greens and added some onions for flavor.

I got some Red Snapper Filia's out of the freezer to cook later. I have never cooked Red Snappers before, so I am hoping they turn out well.

I have a new follower! Yea! Come on Beverly, you need to jump in, too. Welcome to the Crazy Chickennut!

I fed the chickens melon rinds again. They are crazy about the rinds and even devoured the outer skins. I continue to grind up egg shells and add them and coffee grounds to their feed. It irks me to see so much hemp seed is in the chicken scratch because the chickens won't eat it, therefore it is wasted money for something they don't like. However, them be healthy looking critters. The roosters need to be separated soon and they are making funny noises not unlike some else...ahem. They are also getting pretty large. They will make good roasting roosters, but I will not be the one to commit the dire deed. Not after they hop up on my knee and give me the chicken eye. Nope, not me.

I need to go back to The Dollar Store and get more freezer bags. I don't know how much I will get done tomorrow as I have only two speeds; slow and slower. I will close my eyes, give the day a whirl, open my peepers and see and see where I land. In reality, I have a real bad phobia for falling again...no fun in that.

End

No comments: