Saturday, June 27, 2009

Less is good

It isn't quiet as hot and humid as yesterday, but remains in the 90's. That is toasty enough for me. The chickens enjoy a stray breeze now and then.

By re-doing the tarp yesterday the chickens have more shade today. I have taken them cool, fresh water twice today. I sliced up a couple zucchinis that were to big and they have enjoyed them as their desert. The zucchini have extra moisture in them as well. So, they are happier today than they were yesterday.

As I don't have that fine motor control in my arm anymore, slicing up squash and zucchini is sometimes a raggedy task for me. Today I had a bright idea! I will use the big meat slicer to slice the veggies for me! It works! You can adjust the thickness of the slices and the speed you want to use. Just be careful where you put your favorite fingers. I, personally, wish to keep mine.

I soon had eight(8) qts. of yellow squash and zucchini bagged and in the freeze. That makes me have about twelve(12) qts. of squash put up and more coming on in the garden. I think I may try slicing cucumbers this was, too.

I intend to let the chickens out into the yard again this eve. They are pretty good about going in as it gets dark. I thought one got away last night, but they seem to be all there. They move to fast for a good count.

I am more than half-way through my book. It is too hot to do much else. I may go to the store tomorrow morning, even 'though it is Sunday. I need to go in the cooler hrs. and stock up on some things that have been on sale this week. Tomorrow is the last day to buy what I want to get, namely ten(10) packages of lunch meat for ten(10) bucks. I will put most of it in the freezer.

Big Brother Harry is doing OK and has taken himself out for breakfast yesterday and got a himself a lottery ticket. I hope he wins.

Next week is supposed to be a little cooler for a few days. Maybe I can get some things done outside. I hope.

To that end... this is THE END

No comments: