Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stressful week

I think I am too old for the stress of fighting the codes department, doing 2 TV interviews and 2 live radio interviews. It has garnered some support for keeping the chickens; probably not enough.

The bean soup turned out well, but it could have used a bit more salt. It is easier to add salt than to take it out.

I went to the farm store and got some cracked corn and another bag of bedding. Their fruit trees were all on sale and I found the last Cherry tree they had for $10.00. It needs a little TLC, but that is OK. I think it will live after it gets some much needed water.

I should be getting more work done, but I am too tired to consider it. I guess I will wash the few dishes that need to be done and freeze the bean soup. Not all of it 'cause I will eat some more this eve.

The beans needed a lot of time in the crock pot. I guess they slow cooked for about twenty hours. I also like to take a mixer and reduce the beans down a bit...kind of smoothing it out.

I think next week I will make the Split Pea Soup for the freezer. The problem with making all that soup is that I love to eat it.

Because I am very tired I will not write much. There will be nothing on SUNDAY. I really need a day of rest...LOL END

No comments: