Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I tried...

Well, you know the old saying, "You can't fight city hall, " but I gave it my best. Tomorrow I will go to a lawyer and try to get the city to amend their ordinances. What they ruled on was pretty vague, but because my area is not zoned "agricultural" they ruled against me. According to their vague rulings you can not even have a garden or fruit trees in your yard. Is this a free nation or what.....Not.

Because I got mad about a false complaint that was lodged with the city I now have a headache. The complaint was made that my chickens were starving and eating each other. My chickens are well cared for, well fed and protected. They are so spoiled and fat. They also get scraps from the kitchen, but they don't like onions. So..now I have a headache. (I DIDN'T LOSE MY TEMPER)

Channel 14 News had come out around 3:30 PM to do a story about the chickens and attended the commissioner's meeting. I didn't see it because I was busy pleading for the city to amend their so-called code. I guess other people did see the news and some have called. It was cut and dried, as I knew it was, but I will make an attempt to change the code for the sake of others. There are a lot of poor people in Henderson that would benefit from having a few backyard chickens.

Tomorrow is another day and I will start anew. Because most of this day has been tied up I don't have much to say other than I fed the chickens and they certainly are not starving, 'though they act like it.

Maybe I will feel like writing more on Thursday, maybe I will think of something interesting to post.

END

No comments: