Friday, June 26, 2009

Heat Wave # 8

  • Yes, number 8 and one more for tomorrow. I went to get my hair cut in an A/C van in an A/C salon. By the time I got there my head was saturated with perspiration. Didn't matter as I was going to get my hair wet anyway. I got it cut as short as I dared without someone thinking I was on Chemo or something.

    I let the chickens out this eve. They went wild for about a half hour. They have a lot of pent up energy. As it gets dark they will go back into the coop on their own. In the meantime they are feasting on bugs, flies and whatever seems like it is edible stuff.

    Last eve. one of the chickens decided to fly straight at my face. I have a little scratch a tiny "wound." It's right on my scar so no one will notice it anyway.

    I got a good book from the library. It is "One Second After." I am already well into it and it is pretty good.

    I re-did the tarp tent so that the chickens will have more shade esp. in the A.M when the sun is coming up and shining directly into the chicken run.

    A note for D.A. I wish I could do the things that I did just 6 mounts ago, but alas, life is an ever changing event. It remains interesting, though.

    From reading other blogs I take it that Big Brother(gov.) is keeping an eye on bloggers. Hmmm, are chickens a danger to home and hearth? Well, maybe, if they fly at you in the dark of night.

    The weatherman says that Saturday might be cooler, but then, what do they know. I know I am ready for a good shower or two. Nothing like what we usually get, but we now actually need the rain. I am thinking that we may have a short, hot summer.

I wish I had something profound and interesting to write about, but I don't so if the government is watching blogs with penetrating eyes they will be very bored. Yup, bored to death...LOL.

The END of a hot, humid day.

No comments: