Thursday, June 11, 2009

All wet

I just checked the Gleaner and found some really nasty opinions to the editor. Some were for chickens and some were just plain ignorant and under-educated about chickens. Chickens that are well cared for, well fed and well housed, do not make as much noise as people that tear up and down the alley on motorcycles, big trucks and people gunning their cars half the night.

I did go to the city attorney's office and get get some information on how to fight my own battle. People who said they would come out and support me did not...lip service. Americans are rapidly losing their freedoms and rights due to lip service. If Americans would put actions where their mouths are we wouldn't be in a social pickle. Do the citizens of this county really think our government is on the right path? You are quickly being led to the slaughter with a happy smile on your faces. The next four years will open your eyes widely. The past four months have been castrated and feminized...too bad America, I knew you when.

I received a call from a radio station in Atlanta, Georgia, asking me to do a live interview, which I did. The host has his own blog site trying to help people change the anti-chicken codes across the country. They have formed a group and you can sign up on the chickenwhisperer,bogspot.com. I hope I have it right, but it is easy to find through your search engine. The asked me if I could perhaps do another interview early Saturday morning. I am not sure that will occur.

Anyway, I have been out in the heavy rain trying to get the chickens in, but there is always a joker in the crowd. Of course, it was the littlest one of the bunch. It was a runt with one bad leg that I didn't think it would make it when I first got it. Every chicken I brought home has done well and survived.

Out of someones poor luck there is always someone...or several, that want to profit from the situation. I have had calls from people who were giving out platitudes, but wanting free chickens. Someone even wanted stuff from my garden. Well, wait folks, it isn't over yet.

The Sisters from where I retired from watched me on TV and were surprised that I held my own in front of a TV camera and facing 10 commissioners. When the false complaint was read I got angry and forgot all about the camera guy and ten guys on a raised podium. I am no wilting flower when pushed, lied to or about. "EAT MY CHICKEN FEATHERS " says I ...or whatever, I can get mad "nicely."

I am still asking people to e-mail... thegleaner.com, in favor of urban chickens. I wonder if anyone will. America, the Beautiful, Home of the Indentured Servants.

END

No comments: