Friday, June 19, 2009

SCORCHER

I've been out to give the chickens fresh, cool water and to move the one waterer inside out of the sun. The chickens are moulting in the heat and breathing through open beaks. They have opened up their wings for cooler air and are staying inside in the darker portion of their abode. It is too hot for man, beast or fowl. Next week should be cooler for all of God's creatures.

I have been slicing squash up to put in the freezer. Put zucchini in the freezer, too. I have been popping smaller pieces of raw veggies in my mouth as I work. I might be sorry for eating all that fiber!

It is so hot-humid that I don't want to cook. The chickens are not eating much, either. I am thinking of running out to get something already cooked...fast food.

I decided to spend most of the day inside where it is cooler and do some odds "n ends that need to be done. Even that is too hot.

I feel sorry for Hillery Clinton. I hope her elbow heals better than mine did.

This a very short post because it is just too uncomfortable even with tw a/c's and two fans running. Whew! THE END of another scorcher

No comments: