Thursday, June 25, 2009

Packin' Heat

If I weren't so tired I'd be lively. It is the heat. Even the chickens are too frazzled to try to get out of the chicken run. I have taken them fresh water 3 times. The first time I put it in a dish pan, but the rooster tipped it over. Second time I put it in the waterer. the third time I put it in the shallow pan and braced it with a brick. That worked. They are off their feed and not eating well and that worries me. We need a break from the intensity of the solar stove up there in yon sky.

Not much going on and I have little to post. The garden is getting dry and I may have to water it. I have a lot of garden stuff to freeze and I don't want to work in this weather.

I need to do stuff tomorrow so I won't get much done in the house. Help, I need a maid. I don't know how one person(me) can make such a mess. The sink is full of squash on one side and a few dirty dishes on the other side, the floor needs mopping and I need to wash cloths...oh well, I guess I'll get to it eventually.

Oh yeah, a local utility employee came to the door this morning and wanted free chickens. He didn't get them.

My posting are getting shorter due to my heat induced laziness.

END

No comments: