Wednesday, June 17, 2009

90 degrees plus

It is a little warm around the edges. The heat index is 99 degrees. You can shower in "cold" water because the water is slightly tepid. No dry heat around here in the Ohio Valley.

I went out to Wal Mart and spent a few dollars. I bought a new printer because the one I have is non-functional. I hope I have a good one as it was on sale.

The house is a mess because I have been tracking dirt and grass in plus I had pulled out some boxes looking for a computer disk. You always get company when housekeeping falls behind and mine has fell WAY behind.

There was a storm this afternoon that knocked out the power on the other end of town and that is when company came. I don't blame them for wanting to sit in air conditioning.

It is almost 7:30 and I still haven't had supper. You can't hardly cook in this heat.

The a lot of plums have been blown off the Plum Tree from yesterdays storm and a branch broke off as well. Thursday and Friday are days that we are supposed to have more severe storms. What else is new...

If tomorrow is less intrusive I will try to put up a recipe for homemade wine. Beverly sent me several. I like to watch the wine ferment..bubble, bubble, fizz, fizz.

Chuck picked off several squash and cucumbers. Did I say there was a rabbit in the garden? Did I say the rabbit likes tender green beans? Where there is one little cottontail there will be several more. Hmmm, rabbit is good to eat.

This will be a short post because I am gonna get something to eat now, feed the chickens and chase them in for the night. Then it is R&R time for me.

END

No comments: