Monday, June 15, 2009

Up with the chickens

We had some "fowl" weather last evening so I shooed the chickens into their habitat early and closed them in. They don't like being closed in, but they don't like rain either. Since I made them go to bed early, I went too.

I think I have someone to take the chickens and give them a good home. The daughter of one of the elderly residents at the home will take most of them. She lives in the country and has chickens, horses, goats and a cow. She is also married to one of the Dr.'s here in town so I know she can afford to take care of them. She said she will take the roosters to a poor Mexican family with 5 kids. The father is a farm hand which means he is not getting rich. They already have roosters that they have made into pets and the kids play with them.

This morning it rained again and probably will rain throughout the week. It is certainly good for the garden. Yesterday I cooked fresh green beans and zucchini with onions .... and spam. Everything is coming on like gangbusters.

This evening I steamed lobster legs, but that stuff is hard to eat/get out of the shell. I can't find my tools for the cracking the legs either and that makes it harder to get the meat out. A lot of effort for a little meat.

On the east coast people are complaining about the cold weather in mid-June and that they can't get the gardens planted. My sister says it is more like fall than summer, but she will try to get some plants in tomorrow.

You may see some additions to this blog. I needed to fill in the empty space and I don't always have that much to write about. If I could just learn to post pictures...sigh..but I don't have the time to learn right now.

The End

No comments: