Saturday, June 6, 2009

YOU HAVE JUST WON....NOT

I am always getting theses surveys in my e-mail or as pop-ups. I have gotten a lot from Wal-Mart, Dell Computer and other mercenaries of the net. They say all you need to do is fill out their surveys and you will win a new Dell Computer or receive a gift certificate from Wall-Mart or Red Lobster. The surveys go on and on, "just a few more questions" and you will be done. It is a promise put out to everyone on the Internet and I have filled out my share. In the meantime those sites are packing in the information to feed into their demographics and swear that your information and e-mail address will not be sold and remain private. Yeah, right. I have never, ever received the promised gifts or gift certificates. I have never even heard of anyone getting anything from these surveys, have you? I do get e-mails and sales offers from places I have never heard of or done business with.

My "chicken shoes" are drying in the sun. I put my old joggers through the wash to get the chicken poo off them. I didn't want to put them in the dryer and listen to them go "clunk, clunk, clunk."

Today was a miracle day. Not one chicken got out!

There are small cucumbers on the vines and they will grow fast. I had a lot last year, but this year I am sharing the garden. I am still waiting for the potato vines to die back so that I can see how well they grew in a bucket. There are small tomatoes appearing here and there, as well. I believe I will make onion soup out to all the green onion tops, as the tops need to be cut back or bent over anyway in order to make BIG onion heads.

I have another pitcher on Sun Tea on the back pouch. The nice thing about making tea this way is that you get all the flavor, but none of the bitterness or oils because it brews naturally.

I have tried my new b/p medicine today. I am not sure I like it. It has many side effects and warnings, so we will see.

Someone just called to tell me there was a letter to the editor about the chickens, so I guess I will go look at it.

END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson