Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EVERMORE-HOT

The weatherman says we are having a heatwave and it will continue well into next week. It is the type of weather that is not fit for man or beast...or chickens.

I appear to be becoming well know in the city of Henderson. It is unwanted notoriety. Just leave me and the chickens alone. You don't bother us and we won't (squawk)...bother you.

I went to the farm store early this morning to get chicken feed. I was trying to beat the heat. In this kind of hot weather we can expect storms to pop up anytime. That is what we go last night. The wind is breaking branches out of the Plum Tree. We didn't get much rain with the storm, but the chickens were frightened by the high winds. Me too.

I finally went to the store and got a few groceries. I didn't need much, but I don't have a cow in the backyard(wouldn't the city like that!) so I got milk and some canning salt. Of course I got a few odds and ends to gobble. I have a list, but just got the essentials.

I know that I need to do more about the garden and freezing vegetables, but I seem to wilt. I noticed that the Topsy Turvy tomatoes are drooping even though we did get a little rain last night. It just wasn't enough because the back porch dried off in record time.

I bought a new printer, but I am having problems in getting it installed. It is supposed to be "remote'" and ideal for laptops. I don't know.....

I have books that need to go back to the library so that is on my agenda tomorrow and a trip over to Office Depot to get a cassette ribbon for my typewriter. It is an "antique" and ribbons for it are hard to find.

I just didn't realize how old I look until I saw myself on TV. My hair is just about snow white now. Of course I am also short and slightly dumpy. We never think of ourselves as "old" until we see that we are. My mind works, but my body seems to lag behind...or maybe I have just developed a behind...hmmm.

With that said I will say...The End.

No comments: