Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Skills Lost

I have been trying to type on my old electric typewriter. It has been so long since I have used an antiquated writing machine of the 20th century that I have almost forgotten how to even put in a new ribbon. Remember when the daisy wheel came out? Now it is hard to find ribbons or get a typewriter fixed or repaired. I can't get my right margin set, but it will come back to me.

It is equally warm this day as it was yesterday. I am equally lazy and don't want to move unless I have to.

I found an easier way to blanch small portions of squash and zucchini. I use my little steamer. I am not doing big batches at a time so one basket fills up one small freezer bag. It is a lot cooler to blanch this way and the veggies are half done, than freeze and warm up in the future for a meal.

I am drnking a lot of fluid in this heat and so are the chickens. They would love to be out and under the shade tree, but they would also get into the garden where beans have just been freshly planted.

My neighbor watches every move the chickens make. As the fiends get out occasionaly I don't dare let them out to roam.

There are a couple chickens that don't want to roost at night. They want to chase and catch fireflies. It is so funny to watch them: sometimes they chase thier own shadows. They also pull on my shirt tail and try to eat my watch...on my hand.

It is too hot to write, don't cha know. END

No comments: