Wednesday, April 8, 2009

CHANGES

I firmly believe that surgery changes the normal chemistry of the body human. It may be the drugs or the trauma to the flesh. When the body is under stress it wants to heal itself, sending little chemical and hormonal Carrier Pidgins to the wound or injury, saying "HEAL THY SELF..HEAL THY SELF." And that is why I have developed extra hair at the incision site on my arm and lost my memory. Has anyone seen my memory? I forgot where I put it.

This morning I forgot how to tread my sewing machine. I fiddled with it for an hour and finally got it properly threaded I would have referred to the owner's manual, but alas, I forgot where I put it. Then I had to thread the needle. I couldn't get through the eye of an needle even 'though I am not rich. Threading that needle took me another half hour. The little job I wanted to do..catch up a seem in my jeans so my undies wouldn't show..and it was windy and drafty out too...would have been a whole lot faster with just a plain ol' needle and thread.

There is a lesson here somewhere: First of all don't mislay your memory and secondly chose a simpler way of mending..although after all that travail the seam did look very good and it wasn't be open to the elements.

I went shopping this afternoon. I have decided that that cane is more trouble than it is worth. Even 'though the Therapist told me that I should always use a cane I decided that it wasn't worth the effort. The last store I went to...the cane stayed in the van. I am gonna wean myself off that thing.

One last note. If you find my memory, please mail it to me. My address is 1517..ummm...darn it, I forgot the rest!

END

No comments: