Monday, June 14, 2010

COOL



Yesterday, being Sunday, I was not looking for work, but was more than happy when some friends came and put my new air conditioner into the kitchen window for me. The kitchen has been so hot I have not been doing much cooking, relying on PB&J sandwiches or picking up fast food. I can not do that forever on a limited budget, but now I can do some cooking and eat some balanced meals. The kitchen is sooo much better and habitable.

Not long after the A/C cooled off the kitchen some country friends came with about another 40-50 dozen eggs to take over the nursing home. Because it was so hot I jumped into the van and ran them right over so they could go into the home's big cooler. I brought back a box full of empty egg cartons, a couple loaves of free bread and four boxes of glazed doughnuts-like I need the doughnuts, right? Well, they go nicely with coffee in the morning. Remember, if there is a non-profit nursing/home in your area, they need help or donations. The government is making cutbacks and that makes it hard for non-profit nursing homes.

I did stay in most of the day enjoying the "cool." The humidity was 90% yesterday and I didn't even bother to check it today. We did have a nice rain this evening and the air is cooler and may give humankind and all God's creatures a couple days of hot, but less humid days. It is the humidity that kills ya. Hey, if you have some of God's little creatures, big or small, provide shade and water to fit their needs. I noticed that the water in the bird bath was HOT when I was refilling it.

The things I intended to do today I will do tomorrow on Tuesday. Nothing is so pressing that a person must get out in the extreme heat unless it is a job and a "must do." This kind of heat is really hard on the elderly, the frail and sick.

So...Monday is just about a goner, another day to scratch off the calender. S0...what else is new in your little patch of earth?

END

No comments: