Saturday, June 26, 2010

NOTHING SUITES ME

That's right. Nothing suits me. Probably because of the heat. The heat index for today was 105 while the "real' temperature was only 94. I went out the back door a couple times and came right back in. It's a good thing that doors go both ways. All I did was refill the bird bath. I filled it last evening. It holds a gallon of water, but was dry today. Either the little birdies drank all that water or the hot sun sucked it up.



I did nothing today. Too uncomfortable to get out and go anywhere, so I didn't. Got the air conditioner in the kitchen window just in time to meet and greet the heat wave. Now the kitchen is cooler then the rest of the house.



I have been drinking a lot of fluids in this humid environment. I have come to dislike sugary drinks. It's like drinking syrup. I would rather have a big glass of ice water or sugarless ice tea. I suppose it is because I don't consume a lot of sugary stuff and have lost my taste for overly sweetened drinks or or food. Doesn't help my waist line much, though.



It may rain on Monday...then again it may not. I think I will sue the weatherman for breach of forecasting. It is really dry now and we need rain, but not gully washer.



Beverly has a birthday on Monday, the 28th. Hear that world? Wish my big sister a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!



Because I have stayed in, glued to the a/c, I have nothing to write about. So..that's it.



END

No comments: