Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Movies

I enjoy a good movie, but there aren't very many good movies on TV anymore, so occasionally I will go to see a movie. It is my way of getting out of the house. Some of my favorite movies are older ones and some I have seen more than once, especially when they finally make it to TV.

1. THE INN OF THE SIX HAPPINESS
2. THE POSTMAN
3. GONE WITH THE WIND
4. THE BOOK OF ELI
5. THE BLACK STALLION
6. ALL HARRY POTTER MOVIES
7. ALL STAR WARS MOVIES
8. ET
9. THUNDERHEAD
10. ALL OLD LASSIE MOVIES
11. MOST JOHN WAYNE MOVIE
12. SHUTTER ISLAND
Not necessarily in that order.
SHUTTER ISLAND is a really good movie and will surprise you in the end. Go see it.
I just saw THE BOOK OF ELI. It was a bit on the violent side-an Armageddon kind of story, but had an inspirational ending. The ending was worth sitting through all the meanness and craziness of a future world of chaos.
I finally went out for a haircut. The beauty shop I usually go to was closed. I went to another shop that is twice as expensive and they told me that the owner was sick. I know she has been sick off and on and a very nervous person to boot. I hope she does well and recovers OK. And the fellow next door is still trying to fix his truck in the evening and dark in all this heat.
I have neglected the garden and it shows. I can't really work in the extreme heat-I ain't no kid anymore. The heat advisory is supposed to be over tomorrow-Wednesday evening. One can hope.
END

No comments: