Friday, June 25, 2010

Trimmers

I have always had battles with trimmers. For some reason they want to act up and cause me lost time and effort. Today was not exception. I wound the trim line four times before the Weedeater would do I like I told it to do in the first place, contrary thing. I finally got most of the fence line trimmed up and looking good. Then I ran out of trim line...like spit! Now I have to go and buy more trim line before I can finish off what is left of the back and start on the front. That's modern society for you. Gotta keep the grass mowed and the weeds whacked to a presentable level. Mr. Greenjeans may be watching, driving up the streets or back alleys, just hoping to cite someone and collect a fine. Not gonna get it from me.

I have three trimmers. One is a gas trimmer, but is too heavy for my arm to handle now, a Black & Decker in need of a replacement part that I have to send away for, and the Weedeater that I used today. For the last two I have to drag a power cord all over because they are electric. They are lighter in weight than the gas trimmer and easier for me to handle, but oh, how I dislike the tether that I have to rewind at the end of the task. I think I'll buy a goat.

Working outside gives me a voracious appetite. When I come in I will eat anything that isn't moving. I'll never lose weight from working outside. I am afraid I will gain it.

This was a pretty good day to get outside work done. It made it up to 94 degrees and though the humidity was high, it was reasonable. It won't be like that tomorrow-Saturday. I wanted to get lots done, but I lost time messing with the trimmer.

Saturday is a day of no plans. I will take it as it comes, maybe try to do a little more shopping; stocking up. I did notice that the price of eggs had dropped to about $00.75 cents a dozen. It will be too hot to do much work outside. So, I will try to finish off some stuff inside that needs to be done.

END

No comments: