Friday, June 4, 2010

Swelter Valley

I did as little as possible-that I could get by with, today. The air is just too smothering. I went to Day's Nursery and picked up some more plants to plant. Sweet green peppers to add the to the peppers I got he yesterday. The problem is...it is just too hot to plant them. The only thing I got done in the garden was to hill up the potatoes on one side, and hill a few corn plants. After that I came in. I had trouble getting my cloths off; everything just stuck to me. Saturday is supposed to be another hot, sticky day, but I hope I get the other side of the potatoes hilled. They are pretty and in bloom.

The stock market took a pretty good dive today. Look for it to get even lower, jobs to vanish and the price of food and gas to jump. Food has been creeping up weekly so stock up where and whenever you can. My stock of TP is almost gone...oh no! I should get more or have Treesong send me some!!

I used my new hoe in the garden for hilling. I am still pleased with it. If I worked as well as the new hoe does I would have a weed free garden. Hoeing makes my arm hurt and the upper muscles stiffen up, so it is just as well that I don't do it for too long. 30 feet one way was enough.

I had intended to take a picture(how exciting!) of the new hoe and a few other items, but I didn't get that done either. Maybe tomorrow.

END

No comments: