Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Story for the day


Oh yes we did...get a very strong storm with 60 mile winds, heavy rain and lightning. There are some without power here and there, but I have mine. I had fallen asleep on the couch just about 4:40 when the storm came up so it woke me up. I looked out the back door and the rain was driven by wind in all different directions. It flattened my potatoes, but I think they will be OK. Funny though, the corn is standing straight and not blown over. The temperature dropped from the mid 90's to the 70's in just minutes and then it was over. I will check out the garden in the morning.
I went back to Wal Mart for my medicine and to look for the coffee that was on sale for $5.00 bucks. I found another brand, MASTER BLEND for $4.78 per five lb. can so I bought two of those instead. The can looks a lot like MAXWELL HOUSE and is probably packed under under a lesser brand name. That is why I fell asleep in front of Glenn Beck(hope he wasn't offended). I was hot and tired and had been several places getting stuff done, so I conked out after I got home.
I have no need to go out tomorrow. I will try to get into the garden instead. I need some hip boots. So that's my story for the day.
END

No comments: