Friday, June 11, 2010

Drain day

Today was "drain day" because my drains were running slowly. It just takes a Philips Head screwdriver to unscrew the tub strainer, remove it and clean it. You would be surprised to see what kind of grossness lives in the drain. I used an old toothbrush, a used Brillo pad, plenty of detergent and Awesome. Rub a dub dub, clean up the tub...drain. I had it shining like new and very hygienic. I should have taken before and after pictures, but that would have been gross. I was on a roll so I re-cleaned the bathroom sink drain even though I just did it last week. Then on to the Kitchen. Here, I can not take it apart, but gave it a good scrubbing on the exterior of the drain. It looks pretty shiny and new, too.


Then I went out to the "weed patch" and pulled one row of weeds. That is about all I can do at a time, 30 feet of weeds and more to catch up on. As I was weeding I also filled a plastic bag with more Purslane. I just finished stripping the leaves from the stems and stuck them in the fridge. The stems I will try to pickle. I may have about a quart of stems to pickle. Tomorrow I will run the leaves through my handy dandy salad spinner. I did was them, but I will make sure all the "iron" is washed out.


It has tried to rain of and on all day. When the ground is wet the weeds come out a whole lot easier, but still it is a chore. I have to use a long stick or pole to help me along. My bender just isn't what a transmission ought to be...hee..hee.


Not much else going on. I keep putting off going to Wal Mart; I hate to fight the crowd.

END

No comments: