Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lost Tomatoes

It dropped from 94 to about 70 in the space of an hour when a storm blew through a bit north of here. The humidity is still high, but bearable with the lower temperatures. We will probably get some rain tonight or tomorrow.

I walked out to the garden. Four tomato plants are gone...missing. I would guess the Grackles have pulled them out of the ground: they have done it before. A couple nice plants and a couple of smaller, weaker plants have vanished. If this were not in the middle of the city I could sit out there with my "popper and dispatch a few, sending them into feathered heaven.

I went to the GOLDEN CORRAL for supper. I figured it would be to hot to cook. When I went in it was still pretty uncomfortable. When I came out it was reasonably pleasant. I could have saved some money if I knew the heat was going to drop off like that. Oh well, at least I had a good meal and no dishes to wash.

I don't have a good book to read and TV isn't very good either..whatever will I do...

I don't know who invented the glue gun, but it certainly is handy. You can fix lots of minor problems with a little glue gun. Everyone should have at least some basic tools around the house and know how to use them. I think that would make me a good short article in my next post.

Anyway, this a short one and that's it for the day.

END

No comments: