Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Decent Day

I took advantage of this decent day to get some outdoor chores and gardening done. Even though it was in the 90's, the humidity was in the 60's instead of the 90's of yesterday. I really needed to catch up with the weeds in the garden before it vanishes in a sea of greenery. I still need to do some more weeding, but at least I can find the beets. The corn looks good, but is it? I do not see any ears forming as of yet. I wonder if I wasn't sold some sterile hybrid corn seeds and the same for the bean seeds that never came up.

I got the back yard mowed and it looks good. I need to do the front, but it isn't too bad. There is a call for more rain; it may have to wait because the garden comes first.

A bird flew into the window and fell near my feet. It must have stunned it pretty good because it just sat there near my chair for a while until I got up and started dragging stuff around..then it was gone. While I was on the patio I finally set up a patio umbrella for shade. That makes a big difference from setting in the broiling sun with heat radiating up from the concrete. I should have done it before and enjoyed the respite from ol' Sol. Maybe I'll get everything done before winter.

The "boys" next door are all in their pool. I looked at it earlier as I was mowing, thinking that the water looks kind of gray. Anyway, as I took the trash out there seemed to be a minor altercation going on. I think there was a near fight, but they hollered that they were just playing, I guess that my passing by put the brakes on. Makes me think of "six brothers" and their "play" that always wound up in a fight of one kind or another.

I need a haircut. I used to do it myself, but I can't get my arm up well enough to do it, 'though I am tempted to try. So..I guess I may go the the beauty shop tomorrow. She never gets it right and that is why I am tempted to make the effort myself.

Not much else going on. The trash is out, the tools put away and I even cooked some noodles in the kitchen. I am dirty and stinky and it is time to take care of me instead of yard and garden work.

END

No comments: