Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Life is hard work and poor pay


I cooked a mess of Purslane to go with my 'burger and banana peppers. I do enjoy the delicate flavor of the plant. You can eat the stems, too. I can not really describe the flavor unless you call it a mild blend of Spinach, Swiss Chard and Asparagus. I intend to harvest every last Purslane "weed" I can find in the garden patch. Why buy canned greens or fresh greens when I can pull it up in the garden. I think if I am still able to garden next year I send for the seeds an have a Purslane patch of yummy organic greens.

I called Balken today, the maker of Balken Routers, and was connected to a tech I just could not understand. I tried, but he was telling to make connections that were imposable to do as my computer is a least 20-25 feet away from the router. I carried my laptop into the next room and found that the USB cable would not fit the slot. Woe is me! I called Insight and they want to charge $49.00 for a service call. Woe is me all over again! I had to pay my homeowners insurance, a dental payment, gas and lights are about due, plus a few other odds 'n ends...like $75.00 for eye drops and that sort of thing. Whatever happened to good consume service and "we'll make it right?"

There was rain in the night so the garden got a pretty good soaking. It is supposed to rain on and off for the next few days with a short cool spell. It got up to the mid-eighties with the humidity around 70 %. Old Ron, the weatherman was sweating buckets as he does his predictions and prevaricating outside on the station's patio.

I had other things to attend to today, like paying bills and parting with what little money I have, so I didn't work outside today. It is all mud, anyway. Tomorrow I intend to get back out there, muddy mess or not. You just can't turn your back on a garden 'cause if you do it will be "ATTACK OF THE KILLER WEEDS." I want a garden, not a weed patch.
The trash is out, the doors are locked and I have had supper. All is right with the world...so far.
END

No comments: