Monday, January 10, 2011

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

I went the store this afternoon to get some Nestle's Creamer for my coffee.  What a mob!  It's snow panic!  Over a predicted couple of inches!  People were lined up behind me and I felt guily because I had only had five items in my cart.  One minute I looked....and the next thing I knew there were a dozen people behind me.  I also stopped at another store to get 1/2 gal of milk for $1.50 and a savers card.  Munster cheese was $1.98 a package so I grabbed a couple of them as well.  I found one loaf of the $.85 cent bread  and  bought that as well.  There was plenty of bread available, but just the one .85 cent loaf.  Well, I was already there so I added tomato and chicken noodles soups at $.50 cents a can.  Yesterday I bought a case of various meats, including Lobster Tails, for $159.00 dallars.  It may sound extravagant, but I won't need to go out for a while.  As it is, I have not shopped for ever two weeks, and only then for bargains.

Now, about the cold.  The temperature was 32 degrees, but the wind blows bitterly and cutting.  I don't know how much snow we will get or not get: I am in and here I will stay.

I continue to diet.  I have lost three pounds so far. Saturday I really cut back,  Sunday was a "free day" and I ate within reason.  I even ate a roast beef sandwich.  Now I am back to my diet  and hope to lose a couple more pounds by this time next week.  Today I may have cut back too much and became nauseated and started salivating.  Oops! Sugar dropped out.  As soon as I ate some crackers that I keep in the van..I was good to go.  No more problems.

*
IF ANY MAN HAS AN EAR,
LET HIM HEAR.
HE WHO IS FOR CAPTIIVITY,
INTO CAPTIVITY HE GOES;
HE WHO KILLS BY THE SWORD,
BY THE SWORD HE MUST
BE KILLED.
HERE IS THE PATIENCE
AND THE FAITH
THE SAINTS.
*
APOCALYPSE 10, 9-10
*
This Biblical and not to be taken up in place of the law of the land.  Often however, "that which goes around, comes around."  Let it be by a higher power than we.

You know, it takes a lot of self discipline to write a blog night after night.  I often do not know what to write about, other than the mundane, but I keep trying and I have to remind myself:

DISCIPLINE; instruction, training of the mind or body, or moral facilties.

THE WHITE HORSE: The white horse and it's rider are symblic of Christ and the victory of his word.

*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job on your diet Mabel. I wish you all the best with that.

Love your blog!! Great job, keep it up!!