Monday, January 3, 2011

I made a big pot of spaghetti; a really big pot of spaghetti and meatballs.  I don't know how to cook "small."  I am from a large family and and my mother always cooked "big."  So, that's how I cook; "big."  Now, I have a lot of s'gattie.  I  scrounged around for containers and am freezing a good portion of my s'getti.
I put at least a couple of large of meatballs into each container and tried to measure out approximately one meal per container.  I kept some out for my next meal.  I hope it freezes well.

SUNGLASSES!  I needed sunglasses this afternoon!  Ol' Sol was so bright that I had to close the blind in the living room.

You run across odd things when you are looking for other stuff.  For instance, a dictionary.  I have a large dictionary which is hard for me to handle, so I use an old paper back that I bought when I was a kid.  It was printed around 1957 and is falling apart from age and use; the pages are literally crumbling.  While looking for something else I found a "new" dictionary that I had totally forgotten about.  That's  good as the spellchecker associated with blogging is limited.  

I finished the book I was reading late Sunday night or early Monday morning(if you wish)  The thing is; I hate cliff hangers.  I suppose that the next continuing edition will not be out for a year or more.  The world could end by then!!  In other words...I hate waiting.

For late breakfast I ate a package of crackers with my meds., late lunch-one slice of bread, late supper-one bowl of  spaghetti.  I will have some oatmeal before going to bed.

*
LAMP FROM THE LORD
IS THE BREATH OF MAN
IT SEARCHES THROUGH
ALL HIS INMOST BEING.
*
Proverbs 20 vs.27.

SACRIFICE OR OBLIGATION
YOU WISHED NOT,
BUT EARS OPEN
TO OBEDIENCE
YOU GAVE ME.
HOLOCAUSTS
OR SIN OFFERINGS
YOU SOUGHT NOT.
*
Psalm 39, vs. 7
*
END


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your spaghetti looks wonderful and it will freeze well, I have frozen spaghetti many times.

Our family was not as big as yours but like you, mom and I always cooked "big". Now I find it easier to cook a lot at once and freeze left overs. Hmmm, maybe I am getting lazy. But it seems so much easier to thaw and heat up a left over meal rather than making new meals day after day. :-)

Love ya Mabel!!