Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CHARITY

I've  touched upon the symbolism of the FOUR HORSEMEN of the Bible.  Now, I think if anyone has a further interest they can read more in their own Bibles or garner more information or teachings from the Internet. Apocalypse by John is about hope, a warning, what is to be or what has already occurred.

I stayed in where it is warm.  I continue to try to diet although I ate a whole jar of mushrooms. When you diet you start to crave a lot of foods you shouldn't have or would not eat ordinarily. When your not out and about there isn't really much to post.


THE BREAD OF CHARITY
IS LIFE ITSELF
FOR THE NEEDY;
HE WHO WITHHOLDS IT
IS A MAN OF BLOOD.
*
Sirach 34, 21
*
CHARITY: Love and good will to men. Liberality to the poor. Leniency in judging others.  Any act of kindness.

Sometimes charity can come back to bit you.  There are those that prey upon the system and the good will and intentions of others.  Does that mean you shouldn't show charity to others?  No, but discretion is a good word to go by.  When in doubt be charitable anyway.  When "put upon" and you know it for certain, withdraw and re-evaluate.  My opinion, anyway.
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

So many times when we have a loving and giving heart we are taken advantage of. It can hurt us deeply to be used in such a way. Especially if it is by a family member.

However, I do believe it is better for me in the long run to have that loving and giving heart. My reward is not found here on this earth but stored up in heaven.


It was just 1 degree here this morning when I woke and got the dog out. Even he did not linger in the cold but took care of business and got back inside by the heat. I am not going out today. I have new meds for the fibromyalgia. They are helping the pain but making me very sleepy, so I will rest and give my body a chance to get used to the new meds.

Be blessed, Alice