Monday, January 24, 2011

FROM THE KITCHEN WINDOW



You can't see much from these pictures that I aimed out the kitchen window.  You sure can't see the mess and the doggie dodo that doggie has to live in.  It's there.  I made the pictures as large as I could, but you can't see the details.  The kitchen window is really as close as I want to get.
.
I had to change my phone number.  Apparently you can't block cell phones and I know that WHO has two.  After having the same number for 40 years I have had to change it and now have to call everyone and give them my new number.

Here is a thought for you.  We have been at a continuous war in the middle east for 20 years now.  The Russons pulled out of Afghanistan after about 10 years, knowing that they couldn't win a Gorilla War.  It broke their BANK and now it is breaking ours.  Veit Nam tossed the French and..us out on our ears with gorilla warfare.  America gained it's Independence from England through a kind of gorilla war and so did(not so free) Cuba. Nearly 50 % of our budget goes into the military machine.  I am all for protecting our boarders, but will the old men of Washington and Dogs of War never learn?  Never, because there is money to be made through blood and guts, military machines and the spoils of war.

We had about an inch of snow overnight followed by warmer temperatures and rain.  Most of the snow is gone.  It will get cold tonight and freeze, but warm up again tomorrow.  We are in more "normal" tempertures.  I think I see sunshine at occasionally at the end of a very cold Dec. and Jan.
*
MY MOUTH
SHALL SPEAK
WISDOM:
PRUDANCE
SHALL BE
THE UTTERANCE
OF MY HEART
MY EAR IS INTENT
UPON A PROVERB;
I WILL SET FORTH
MY RIDDLE
TO THE MUSIC
OF THE HARP.
*
Psalm 48; 4-5
*
I continue with my effort to diet.  I lost five pound, but stayed the same this past week, not losing or gaining.  Too much bread, me thinks.


END

2 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Just dropped in to say "good morning" and that you are in my prayers. Blessings. Lloyd

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!

Have you thought about calling the local humane society or another organization that protects animals? Up here, they would be all over them like flies on honey. It would not be allowed to teat an animal like that. Poor dog doesn't deserve that!!

On the diet, I am sure you know you will have plateaus where you just can't lose any weight for a while no matter how hard you try.
Do not be discouraged.

We have been showing signs of an early spring up here. Even though if you looked out the window at the snow and ice you would certainly not know it.

I sure am ready. So tired of winter this year. All the shoveling has taken its toll on my body.

Have a blessed day!
Alice