Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gas

I went out and got a little gas this afternoon-and I do mean...little.  It is $3.11 right now.  I keep hearing about how much Europeans pay for gas, but bear in mind that their living conditions have surpassed ours...for a while.  Also, most of the gas they use is imported from from Oil Barron Nations in the middle east and South America.  America also improrts oil and then turns about and lets forgien  countries lease OUR oil rigs, or drill and export oil. Now, how smart is that?
Now, about another kind of gas.  Something gave me a lot of stomach distress part of yesterday and through the night.  It caused me to have a very bad night.  I haven't eaten anything unusual or been exposed to anyone "sick." I know was I hurting everywhere and my stomach feels like I was punched and sore.  It is slowly getting better, but still has some residual discomfort.  I thought I would sleep late because I had slept so badly.  Wouldn't you know, you know WHO started calling and waking me up.  Just as I would drift off, the phone would ring.  Either I will a get a new phone number or change my carrier.  My privacy is violated daily.
*
TO YOU I LIFT UP MY SOUL
O LORD, MY GOD
IN YOU I TRUST;
LET ME NOT BE PUT TO SHAME
LET NOT MY ENIMES
EXULT OVER ME
*
Psalm 24,vs. 1-2

I guess I cheated on my diet a bit today, mostly because I hadn't eaten since last eve.  Around 4 PM I stopped at Windy's and picked up a double stacker, a baked potato and a diet free coke.  My bad.


END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

Gas here was just under $3 a gallon yesterday for the first time in a long time. I should have filled up the car but did not and now I will not go out with all the snow we are having.

Sorry to hear of your stomach problems and sure hope they are much better today.

I think I would have to get a bit firm with this person who feels the right to constantly bother you and tell her/him enough is enough. Sometimes, you have no choice.

As for cheating on the diet, you have to once in a while, otherwise the cravings will get the best of you. Don't feel guilty, just move on like nothing ever happened. Perhaps your stomach problems come from not eating that type of food in a while. Even though you have eaten it before, it is now foreign since your diet? Just a thought!

Have a great day!
Blessings, Alice