Sunday, January 2, 2011

It has been a quite day.  I am deep into a book and about 3/4 way through it.  I have not cooked much today.  I have not eaten too much today.  I am five pounds more that I was a month ago.  Because of the weather I have not been very active, but need to be.  Pushing a vacuum cleaner around will not burn off many calories.  So...I am cutting back.  Don't worry; I am a long way from starving..boy, am I!

We have January, February and March to get through before I can get out into the yard and garden.  Then, maybe I can melt off a little bit of extra poundage.  I just wish I could get my Troy tiller fixed.  Or a new one would be nice.

This year I think I will try to make my own seed pot out of newspaper.  It is pretty easy and saves money.

I have had a lot of problems trying to post tonight, so it will be short.  All the letters and the cursor become scrambled and give me I fits.  Also, I have lost the followers widget and so far have not been able to get them back.  I keep trying, but I am about to give up on getting the followers back.

It got a little colder, did it not?  I turned the oil filled heaters on, again.
*

THE NATIONS ARE SUNK
IN THE PIT THEY HAVE MADE;
IN THE SNARE THEY SET
THEIR FOOT IS CAUGHT;
*
Psalm 9A, vs. 16
*
Normally, I don't comment on the verses, Psalms or the Gosples of the Bible.  I let readers take it for what they wish.  With this short verse though, I feel that our nation has sunk in quicksand and may not find solid ground.  You may wish to read more of Psalm 9A.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!

I have not posted yet but plan to do so in a minute or two.

Like you I am thinking about the garden. I am so looking forward to it this year.

I like your Psalms. Another verse comes to mind "Blessed is the Nation whose God is Lord". Since our nation no longer seems to want God to be Lord and come first, I must agree with you, we are sinking rapidly in quicksand. America really needs to get back to the principles it was founded on, "One Nation Under God"!!