Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doggie and doggone cold

It's snowng  Polar Bears and Alaskan Seals .  I have swept of the front steps and shoveled some of the back patio.  It is coming down fast and consistently-a wet heavy snow.  I have the steps clear because Amy, from Corner Health Care, will be coming to check the Pap machine and the O2 concentrator.  If I don't get my O2 at night I just fall over, like the "Fainting Goats."  Funny to see, but dangerous in a lot of ways.

I tossed a package...about three pound worth- of little, fatty, salty sausages ...the fence to Dog. Dog grabbed the whole package and carried them into the out building where he "lives."  Then Dog came back- searching for the few pieces that fell out of the bag.  Did we make friends?  Probably not, but Dog will eat well this and day and evening.  The little sausages are laden with fat which is just what an out- door doggie needs in this kind of weather.  I have had the sausages for a long time and I can't eat them because the high fat and salt.  Yum for doggie.

The roads have iced over with the  falling temperatures.  I have turned the heat up in the bathroom as it gets cold in that small room and I don't want the pipes to do what pipes do when it is frigid and the winds blow cold.

I made a big pot of vegetable soup tonight.  Even 'though the flavor is good the vegetables are tough even with more than sufficient cooking time.  Tomorrow the soup will go into the pressure cooker and that will take care of that.  I think that I will get lobster claws out of the freezer and steam them.  My special treat to myself for no special reason.
*
THE SON OF MAN,
WHEN A LAND SINS AGAINST ME
BY BREAKING FAITH
I STREATCH OUT MY HAND
AGAINST IT
AND BREAK ITS STAFF OF BREAD.
I LET FAMINE LOOSE UPON IT
AND CUT OF FROM BOTH
MAN AND BEAST;
AND EVEN IF THESE THREE
MEN WERE IN IT,
NOAH,  DANIEL, AND JOB,
THEY COULD ONLY SAVE THEMSELVE
BY THEIR VIRTUES, SAYS THE LORD.
*
Ez.  14; 13-14
*
It was was of with the flood of Noah when the bitter cold days of Jupiter arrived, the God of the "Bright Skys" arrived.  The cloud cover was lost, water and ice drenched the earth, the poles tilted(shifted) and water and ice begain to cover the ancient Saturn Age cultures that ended up at the  new poles of the earth.
Yes, I did study theology in college.  You can "look it  up" in LTE 115,217:  CC190-2.    And everyone thinks all the talk about pole shifting and the coming ice age is new.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

We had about 5 inches of the white stuff before all was said and done. Then the winds blew and the temperatures dropped. Doggone cold is right! Currently we are sitting at a temperature of zero and a wind chill of minus 10. It was worse during the night. I am grateful the power did not go out! We are warm in the house and I have no intentions of leaving other than getting my dog out when it is necessary to take care of business.

My dog is fairly good sized weighing in about 55 lbs. But he is primarily an indoor dog. It breaks my heart that your neighbors leave that dog outside all the time. It will dramatically shorten his life.

Rusty, my dog will be 15 this year. The vet tells me this particular breed usually has a life span of 7 to 10 years. He is slowing down now but still quite healthy. I do not leave him out in extreme weathers. He is spoiled but well cared for.

Try to stay warm my friend!!
Blessings, Alice