Tuesday, January 11, 2011

THAT WHICH IS, IS



My neighbors have a dog.  I don't know why they have a dog.  They don't talk to it, walk it, or socialize with it.  I don't know if they fed it half the time.  There are no foot prints in the snow.  The other day the dog was licking a piece of plastic to get the water.  When we had snow a week ago-no foot prints in the snow indicating that they fed the dog that day.  It is no wonder that when the dog does manage to slip it's leash, it gets a little crazy.  It does not know how at act or react around people.  If such is "a dog's life" let me come back in my "next life" as something else...not as a dog.  There are people that shouldn't have animals of any kind.

We got about 2 inches of snow, nothing spectacular.  I swept off the front steps and shoveled off the back porch a little.  New York and that area of the country is gonna get it.  It is cold here and will get colder overnight.  They are better prepared for what is coming their way.
I am tired today.  Someone called me this morning and woke me up out of a sound sleep just because she was bored.  Then she wanted to know my business.  She needs a hobby.  She sells grave stones and on days like today, no one is out buying monuments.  So...she is bored.  Let me sleep.


*
WHEN THE LORD IS PLEASED
WITH MAN'S WAYS,
HE MAKES EVEN HIS
ENEMIES AT PEACE WITH HIM.
*
Provbverbs 16, 7
*

PALE HORSE; or pale green or olive colored.  This horse is symbolic of death or pestilence.
Now we see the signs of all the four horsemen riding abreast around the world.  They have always been with us, like poverty and gluttony, theft or righteousness, riding the winds of time.  We just never took much time to notice


*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Mabel, I think I would be turning the neighbors in for animal cruelty. I have a dog and two cats. They all live in the house and are well cared for. Rusty, my dog does have his out door time but is never left out there long. And I take him for a nice walk every day,,,, even in this harsh weather.

I have decided that once these pets are gone I will not get any more. Frankly, I am getting too old to care for them. Especially walking a dog in winter.

Both Rusty and my oldest cat Missy are getting pretty old now and don't have much time left. Perhaps another year or so if I am lucky. The youngest cat, Faxon, is pretty young and I could have him with me another 10 to 15 years. But there will be no more once they are gone.

I think people should recognize when they are no longer up to the task of taking care of a pet and be smart, not selfish. The companionship of a pet can be a wonderful thing. But don't mistreat it because you can't or won't devote the time it takes to care for them properly.

We probably have around 5 inches of snow here now, but I think it has finally quit so at some point, I will need to get out and shovel again.

Have a great day!