Thursday, January 13, 2011

Duffus

Have you ever felt like a duffus?  Or worse, looked like one?  Yup, I feel like and look like a...duffus.  I gave myself a "haircut."  It's hard to cut your hair with one good arm and one that can only reach so high and can't turn corners.  It is a haircut the isn't very "repairable."  I think about 4 to 6 weeks in a dark room is the best solution.  The top of my head looks OK, but the back and some of the sides look like a "mow job" with a bad mower.  Time heals all bad hair days.  I just won't have to part my hair on the sides. up the middle or down the back for a while.  Good thing I have plenty of food on hand and don't need to go out in public.

I have had some honey in a big jug for quiet a while.  It had crystallized-turned to sugar, but I hated to throw it away, so I put the whole jug into the micro wave and melted the honey into liquid.  I poured the honey liquid into a clean, smaller container.  What was left became  nice glass of "milk and honey."

I turned the phone off for most of the day.  I have things to do besides run and answer calls from people who have nothing to do all day. You know, that four letter word.. .work?  I turned the phone back on about 4 PM and it started ringing...it was "you know who."  Maybe I should be more charitable toward WHO, but every day, often several times a day, is too much.
So..I vacuumed the kitchen, washed some dishes, washed and dried some cloths...and gave myself a realllly baaad haircut.

*
NO DISCIPLE IS ABOVE
HIS TEACHER.,
BUT WHEN PERFECTED;
EVERYONE WILL BE
LIKE HIS TEACHER
*
Luke 6, 40
*
HONOR: high respect, renown glory, reputation, sense of what is right.
Are we still an honorable nation? Is our government honorable?  Are the people of America honorable?  By and large...YES.  There are a few cracks in the shell, but the egg is still good.
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mabel, its hard enough to cut your hair when you have two good arms!! I used to cut my own, and struggled with it, now I can no longer do it, so I don't bother. I guess my hair has grown long enough now I can start putting it up in a bun again. Going to the beauty salon has gotten way to expensive.

Because it is winter you could get by with wearing a hat out and no one would be the wiser. ;-)

I'm not sure I agree with you about people in this country being honorable. I have met way too many that are self centered, think they don't have to keep promises they made unless it is something that benefits themselves, and does not go by the old adage your word is your bond.

Maybe I have just had too many bad experiences with people and too much negativity in my life.

And as far as the government goes,,, well I guess there is honor amongst theives, LOL. Sorry Mabel, couldn't resist!!

Blessings, Alice