Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FEET TO THE FIRE

I have been dieting for about five weeks now and I have lost about five pounds.  It goes on easy, but it is hard to get off, esp. during this cold season where getting out and about isn't much of an option.  I am happy to shed one or two pounds per week.  I have belly fat and although it isn't all that obvious, I know that belly blubber isn't that good for anyone , thus I continues to make the effort and hope to lose one o.r two pounds per week.

That I post my dieting is in effect of holding my own feet to the fire.  I read that you should keep a food diary...and this is it.  I am already breathing better and wheezing less.  The first few pounds were probably fluid loss and that is what usually what goes first.  Next, I hope the real blubber hits the road, but I expect that it will be harder and maybe less.  My expectations are realistic; I will not lose a lot of weight overnight.   I won't post my food ever day, but will post my weight weekly as I weigh myself .,  No, I am not starving, but I may feel like it at times.  By the way,  I have a double chin to give away; anyone want it?

It rained again and it is getting colder with  more  snow on the way for Thursday eve. and Friday.  I thought aabout going out to get some milk tomorrow, but can get by.  With the few days that were in the upper 30's I had turned off the small heaters.  Today I turned them back on as I can already feel the change in the temp.  I hope January is the last of the strange weather and ups and downs.  I am tired of it.
*
FOR ALL OF CREATION,
IN ITS SEVERAL KINDS
WAS BEING MADE OVER ANEW,
SERVING ITS NATURAL LAWS
THAT YOUR CHILDREN
MIGHT BE PRESERVED
UNHARMED.
*
Wisdom 19, vs. 6
*
The book of Wisdom, seldom quoted, is an insightful text, short and worth reading. I pick verses that appeal to me, but to get the full gist-message you should read it yourself.
*
END



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!

We are under a winter storm advisory to hit us starting tonight and into tomorrow night. They are calling for 4-6 inches of snow then the temperatures will drop out the bottom with wind chills of minus 16 to minus 20. We will stay with below zero temps and wind chills for several days.

I will be getting out this morning to pick up a few items to make sure we are in good shape to stay in for several days, except of course I still have to get the dog out when needed, LOL.

Have a blessed day and stay warm.
Alice