Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Continuing diet saga











Pictures of the bread that wouldn't upload yesterday.

RED BEANS AND RICE: That is what I had for supper. And it was good!

  1. Total fat-2 g.
  2. Sat fat-0
  3. Trans. fat-0
  4. Cholesterol-0
  5. Sodium-680 mg.
  6. Total carbs-38g.
  7. Dietary Fiber-5g.
  8. Sugar-3g
  9. Protein-8g.

Vite. A-8%, Calcium 4%, Vite. C. 0%, Iron 15%, Calories about 190 per. serving or 1 cup. or bowl.

I think if I try to keep a running account or diet diary...I will do better about my quest to lose weight. When I took the trash out to the ally for pick-up, I was huffing and puffing. Readers can hold my feet to the fire.

The Red Beans & Rice have a few things that I don't really want; the salt is too much, and so are the carbs., but I did keep to one serving. For lunch I had a chicken sandwich. Hopefully, I can go to bed tonight with just a glass of milk. I can't say how much I weigh because the battery in the scales is dead. I'll get a new battery and let you know how much I may lose as time goes on.

The sky-guy-aka-weather man, says we might get snow. It is overcast and cold so I guess any farmer or farmerette could predict that which comes, as the calender turns. Turn, calendar, turn! The quicker January and February roll into springtime, the happier is-I!

I have been shredding mail again. It is a never ending task because junk mail is never ending. I'm sure the mail carrier would be happy not to have so much tote around and that is why he dumps double and triple amounts

of it into my box. That is also why he didn't get no-nothing for Christmas.


THE EARTH HAS
YIELDED
ITS FRUITS:
GOD, OUR GOD,
HAS BLESSED US.
*
Psalm 66, vs. 7
*
THE LOVING SHEPHERD
-
We have a loving Shepherd;
How great his love has been,
He came from heaven to save us,
poor children lost in sin.
-
Oh, faithfully he keeps us...
The children's blessed friend,
And he will love and keep us,
Still faithful til the end.
-
Oh, teach us Lord, to thank thee,
to trust thee and to love;
And bear us on thy bosom
To heaven, our home above.
-
by Mrs. Bivins
from very old book.
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mabel, your bread looks good. :-) You can keep the rice and beans though. I know they are good for me but I just don't like beans, LOL.

I am roasting a couple of chickens today that were given to me. We'll have a nice chicken dinner then the left over's will be put up for other meals. I see a big pot of chicken and dumplings in the near future, LOL.

Like you, I am ready for spring, so anxious to get into the garden.

Have a blessed day!