Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SNOW-HO

We had a little more snow than predicted; just over two inches.  Owensboro, about 30 miles south of here, had over five inches.  We may have some flurries now and then.

Because I had to go to the drug store, like it or not, I did use my cane.  I do not use or like to use the cane often, but I can not afford another bad fall.  The snow was melting and then freezing.  You know: "Pride goeth before a fall," and I don't want another messed up arm and I don't want to fall-eth.  So, I made use of the cane.

I miss summer salads.  Since I was already out I stopped by Windy's and picked up a small salad at the window. I think I may start mixed salad seeds in a container sometime next week.  Salad greens don't take long to grow and I am ready for something green.

Last week Tomato and Chicken Noddle soup were on sale for $.50 cents a can .  This week they are up to $1.00 a can.  Gas has come down to $2.98 if you pump it yourself.

Obama's speech: heard it all before.  Glenn Beck: heard it all before.  Financial collapse: heard it all before.  Rumors of war: what else is new.  End of the world: orTEOTWAWKI.  The Bible says we won't know when.  There is "nothing is new under the sun."
*
THE LORD WILL OPEN UP FOR YOU
HIS RICH TREASURE HOUSE
OF THE HEAVENS
TO GIVE YOUR LAND
RAIN IN DUE SEASON,
BLESSING ALL
 YOUR UNDERTAKINGS,
SO THAT YOU WILL LEND
TO MANY NATIONS
AND BORROWER FROM NONE.
*
Deut. 28; 12

Ahem:  The President, the Republicans, and the Democrats might need to read this verse-but won't.

*
END




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

We were snowing when I went to bed last night. But I do not know how much we got as I have not looked out the window yet, LOL. I am almost afraid to. I am so tired of shoveling.

Like you, I sometimes, very reluctently use a cane. I have had way too many falls myself and my back is messed up because of it. Every disk in my back is buldging now. A bad fall could paralyze me. I have to get the dog out and walk him once a day. I am extremely careful when I do. Thank God he is not the type of dog to pull a lot!! Sometimes he will get a bit rambunctious when another dog comes after us.

Truthfully, I am a bit disgusted with the folks around the neighborhood who just let their dogs out the door to run without ever thinking about other people on the streets.

This past week that has happened several times. I wound up being chased up the street by a rather huge Rotweiler. Not fun on this ice and snow!!

Be careful out there and use that cane when you need to!!

Blessings, Alice