Saturday, July 2, 2011

ARE WE TIRED YET?

Are we tired?  Indeed, I am.  I told myself I wouldn't work too hard out in the heat.  Sometimes I lie to myself.

I worked all morning and into the afternoon getting the mower to co-operate according to my wishes.  I took some of it apart, semi-cleaned the carburetor, cleaned the spark plug and replaced the air filter.  I put it back together around 2 in the afternoon and it started.  So, me and the mower took off together, down one side and up another.  I was making hay while I could!

I can not work very long in this heat.  I mowed a couple rows and than I would sit and drink water.  I probably creanated all my cells because I drank at least a qt. of H2O  I lost track.  I drank a lot of water.  And I ate 2 candy bars.  I am not very worried about the calories.  I think I burned and sweat it all off

I didn't get everything done, but I did get the back yard mowed.  Usually, on a Sunday I don't look for much work, but tomorrow may be an exception.  Things do get behind when you spend several hours doing stuff you hadn't counted on.  The front yard is not done and is looking tacky.  I may try to get that done in the afternoon, after the church up the street lets out.  I need to trim, but I will let that go a couple days.

My cloths are all stinky.  They are in the washer soaking, including my shoes-old joggers that have turned green.  I will run them through after this posting. 

That pretty much sums up my day, other than getting grease under my nails, and getting funny looks from the guy across the alley.  He is probably saying to himself, "What does she think she's doing?  Well, I did what I had to do; get that mower going and cutting.  I hope it continues to run.

The fourth of July would be my father's birthday.  He was born on the fourth in 1910.  I think he was one of 13, but I don't remember.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Isn't it funny how a lot of men don't think women are able to fix anything mechanical?? I love the looks on their faces sometimes, LOL.

I am off to take pictures of the 4th of July celebration here before church. Will leave for church and then go back and spend the rest of my day there. I am grateful it is not as hot today.

I remembered your dad's birthday was on the 4th, I was telling Cookie that not too long ago. Not sure how I remembered except I always thought your dad looked like Abraham Lincoln and maybe I associated that with Independance Day, LOL.

Don't over do it in the heat! I am glad you take breaks and drink lots of water, this is heat stroke weather for sure if one is not careful.

Love ya, Alice