Friday, July 8, 2011

GINGER TEA

This morning I mentioned on Facebook about making some Ginger Tea for a funny tummy.  I made my own with a tea bag, some Ginger spice from the cabinet and hot water.  You can add lemon, sugar or honey to taste if you want to.  It does makes a nice, hot drink and yes, it did help my funny tummy.

You can buy Ginger Tea at a health store if you have one or order capsules or tea on line.  Or you can make it yourself, as I did.  Some of the health benefits follow.
  1. It is good for colds
  2. Angina or heart pain
  3. Nausea or motion sickness
  4. Menstrual cramping(don't need that no mo!)
  5. Morning sickness(don't need that either!)
  6. Headaches and some migraines
  7. Digestion(did I eat too many Oatmeal cookies last night?  Probably!)
  8. Flu
  9. Inflammation of lungs or joints
  10. Fibromyalga(sp?)
These are just a few of the health benefits listed.  Remember what your mothers gave you for upset stomachs?  Ginger Ale!  Be sure to go on the Internet and check out dosages and any possible side effects, which seem to be few.  Keep in mind everyone is different and may have different reactions to different herbs or spices.

I was intending to go to a free computer class in the morning, but now there is an ozone alert up for this area, and it is gonna be hot; a little sticky around the edges.  So I guess it is inside for me accept that I need milk and the cows didn't come home.

We had a lot of rain last night.  Around four inches and broke a record.  I didn't hear it.  I was tired from my book reading marathon and went to bed early.  I got up early, made my home made Ginger Tea and went back to bed.

Tonight I really didn't want to cook so I boiled a couple eggs and made egg salad on crackers.  I still have one egg that I may eat later if I get hungry.

I am thinking that Saturday might be my last blog on Facbook.  No one is reading it, therefore it is wasted time and effort.  I will still blog, but not on Facebook.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!!

Let me first say right off the bat, when I said I thought of you first I was talking about only the first message from anonymous which seemed to be encouraging. I was at church bible study when I got your message on facebook over my cell phone. And I was NOT aware there was another anonymous post which was not nice when I had said I thought at first it was you who left the post. I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding but I meant nothing wrong with it.

If you would do me a favor and look in your stats for someone who might have posted on your blog a while back called ideas-and-inspirations.blogspot.com or something similar I would appreciate it. Look under the all time posts. I will send you a private message on fb to explain but I believe my foe might have been in here as well.

By the way, the police will be running a check on the IP address of the person who made that post. Also I have a very nasty letter here that person sent me in the mail. We are pretty sure we know who she is and one of these days she is liable to have law enforcement knocking on her door.

Now for your post. I really appreciate the information. I knew the qualities of ginger for settling the stomach and a few other things but never knew it might have a positive effect on fibromyalgia. I will check into that further for sure. Any help I can get with it would be awesome!

Have you checked your stats to see if anyone is coming from facebook? I have linked from there to your blog a few times myself. I do usually come in from my dashboard though as your blog is one of the ones I am following.

I don't have a huge following either and really that is OK with me. I wish there was one that was not stalking me on here, LOL. Yup, I can add stalking to the charges that will be brought against this person if I so choose.

I am going to do some packing today and might run out to visit with a friend from the church if I have time.

Hope you have a great day!
Love ya, Alice