Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HARDLY WORKING

This  afternoon I made a pasta salad using the tomatoes I bought yesterday and some of the burp-less cucumber.  It seems to be as they say...burp-less cucumbers.  These Asian Cucumbers are very long, probably a foot long or more, solid and tasty.  I think just a few of these plants would produce a lot of cucumbers.  If...and I say if, I will plant some next year...if I plant.

I tossed out a few bad potatoes and they may be developing roots.  If they do I will put them in an old cardboard box, cover them, and see if they grow. If they start to grow and the season gets late, well, I have enough old windows in storage to make a little greenhouse for them.  The potatoes in the picture are the ones I dug up last week.  Of course, they are gone now, along with a nice juicy steak.

The book I am reading right now is THE ACCIDENTAL POPE.  It is a little far-fetched and highly improbable, but it is entertaining.  It is about an ex-priest, widower with children who "accidentally" becomes nominated to the Papacy.  It is a little dated, but at the same time it is timeless as history does repeat itself.  It is an interesting novel in the light of human foibles and errors.

I bought a one gallon jug of Dawn Detergent they other day.  It is slightly cheaper by buying it by the jug.  I then pour it into the smaller, empty Dawn bottle and set the big jug aside.  I may save about 20 cents, but I am more interested in saving time and trips to the store.

I have not bought bathroom tissue in months, but I have opened my last package, so it is time to start stocking up again.  I will not want to go out in the winter time.  I hope to start my re-stocking next month.

I guess tomorrow I will try to get the "lead out" and  get busy.  When I have a good book, all else fails.  Life takes a swing to the rear and I sit on my rear and read.  LOL!


 END


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

Those potatoes sure look good. I have not tried to dig for any of mine yet, but I probably should soon, LOL.

The book sounds interesting too. Its always nice to read a good book.

You may have only saved 20 cents on that gallon jug, but think about what you saved in gas for the car to run out more frequently to get smaller containers, not to mention wear and tear on the car and your time. I would say your savings is much bigger than you think.

I stock up on TP also. Next check I will need to get more. But I try to wait until there is a really good sale, then I buy a lot and put it back.

I am going to get out this morning and get the lawns mowed. Then I need to get refreshments made for tonight's bible study and figure out what I will make for supper as well. Always seems to be something that needs to be done before I can really do what I want to, LOL.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I have counseling in the morning and then an appointment with a neurologist in the afternoon. That will pretty much shoot my entire day. But such is life I guess.

Hope you have a great day!!
Love, Alice