Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The President's Ploy

The President's ploy is to frighten people who depend on S.S. and or Disablity  for survival.  They already tried that in the past.  It is a maneuver to push-goad-Congress to pass a budget that will keep the government from going belly up.  It's going belly up, anyway.  He(Obama) just is trying to prolong the belly ache.  A little Ginger and or Cinnamon Tea for his funny tummy, says I.

I think  we is bankrupt-too far gone-for any kind of tea or resuscitation.  The government waited too long and/or made the wrong moves.  Your gonna pay, America!  Hope you have lots of band aids 'cause we are all gonna bled.

Again and again I have urged readers to stock up, even if it is just a little at a time.  You know, an extra can of beans here, some rice there, a few extra rolls of TP when it might be on sale.  No one is rich; I'm not and probably the few reader that visit here are not either.

The one thing I have is a God-given fortitude.  I have never been real healthy, talented or capable, yet I persist.  You can, too.

What I do have is a jar full of pennies-"Pennies from Heaven"-you might say.  I have another jar with loose change.  You know-that proverbial "Silver Lining" in every cloud.  No, it isn't the hoarding kind of silver, but it is spendable.  And I can and freeze foods as I can.  So I won't starve right off the bat and I could stand to lose a little wt. around the waist line.  How about you?

The thing is... our government has been operating without a truely funded budget for a while now and those checks continue to be printed and sent out anyway-compliments of China-our new Big Brother.  Hey, Big Brother, can you spare anther dime or two?  We owe our souls to "the company store."  We have met the enemy and it is our own government. Well, we helped make them what they are and turned a blind eye time after time.  Whatever happened to our our America?
 
I was doing a short artical about another herb and it just vanished.  I looked for it in the draft and it wasn't there, either, apparently it wasn't saved.  I have a rough draft on paper so I will try to redo it tomorrow and send it through.

We had a heavy, persitent rain for about an  hour or so.  My front yard was pooling and a river was flowing down the street.  I am happy that I live on a slight incline.

Alice said it was going to be cooler.  Well, 98 F. is about 2 degrees less than yesterday and sooo humid.  Alice, you and I must have different weathermen!
END





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!

I agree with you 100% regarding the government and with stocking up. Like you, I do the best I can with what little money I have. Things are going to get really rough in a very short period of time. Its been coming for a while but there are many who have not really felt it yet. I imagine they are in for quite a shock soon.

As for the weather, it is much cooler today here. At 8:15am it is only 69F a far cry from what it was yesterday at this time, like almost 30 degrees cooler. We had a good rain over night too. The garden really needed it. I am grateful for the cooler temperatures today as I have some errands to run. I put them off not wanting to go out in the hot, hot weather.

Hope you woke up to cooler temperatures as well. Have a great day!!

Love, Alice