Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Night Fever

I have SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER.  How about you?  It's after 8:30 and the temperature is still 90 F.  The radio said that the alert would end this eve.  No one told Mother Nature to absolve herself from  her negative sins against the human kind and all the little critters that suffer unto woe.  She ain't no saint, ol' Mother Nature, and she is still flaunting her charms and wiles.  A naughty old girl is she.

I am tired of all this heat.  I want to get things done.  I tried to get some things done today, but I sure am poky and slow about it.

Tomorrow afternoon someone is coming over to look at some cloths that I want to eliminate from my closet.  They are new tops with all the tags still in them.  They are supposed to be the size listed, but they are not.  And I will never be that small again.  So someone else gets them.

I don't know what to cook or eat in this kind of weather.  I have been eating lots of eggs, but now I need eggs and I don't wanna go to the store...waaa!

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

We were suppose to start raining last night and rain all day today and the heat be broken by Monday, well they changed all that and we will have this horrible heat all week.

One way or the other I need to get some yard work done tomorrow, guess it will be first thing early in the morning. At 7am when I got up the temperature was already 83 and the humidity is very high. I am not liking this one bit, LOL.

I had made a variety of salads that we have been eating on rather than doing any cooking. I did that early one morning before the worse heat of the day. But soon we will run out of them and I will have to cook something. :-(

Enjoy your day in the Lord!
Love, Alice